[VoiceOps] International IP blacklist

anorexicpoodle anorexicpoodle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 03:37:01 EDT 2010

Depending on your scope of service, I personally have found that
maintaining static blocklists just creates a heap of support problems,
but instead deny traffic outside ARIN allocated IP's  and allow
customers to turn on international use individually which has severely
cut down our fraud, since chasing it statically is just a game of
whack-a-mole.

Though this topic does raise a question I have been kicking around for a
while, has anyone here tried implementing a SIP equivalent of URPF on
your border controllers or proxies on the peering side, so if you cannot
determine a route back to the calling number you drop the call to IVR or
reject? Obviously implementing UPRF at L3 has saved me tons of headaches
in other facets, but certainly a L5 solution could alleviate a potential
ton of spam calls that come through normal PSTN connections. Thoughts?