[VoiceOps] Crazy bouncy month

Beth Johnson bethjohnson5060 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 09:50:43 EDT 2010

Hi Groupers,
This has been a wild month over here.  Our peer SBC has been lit up with
alarms with bounces from this peer or that.  We'll lose one gateway from a
peer for a minute or so, then it'll come right back up.  Sometimes the SIP
bounce is accompanied with a BGP route flap, sometimes not.  It almost
always happens late at night, but a few sneak in during the day.

We've got plenty of redundancy to cover the events, so ASR remains high.

Part of our root-cause analysis is seeking an uderstanding of the
experiences of similar networks, so I need to ask... Is anyone else seeing a
general increase in internet-based peer bounces?

-B