[VoiceOps] "...but it works with Packet8"

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Sat Aug 21 21:46:28 EDT 2010

On Aug 21, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Darren Schreiber wrote:

> So we do most of what's below...
>
> The one thing that's a bit different about our service is we want to stay out of the media path and, "under the hood", send the customer direct to the carrier for most calls. That's the point of our "router" - it's also a SIP proxy.

That's undoubtedly 95 to 100% of your problem right there.  Have you bothered to take packet traces to see what Packet8 devices do compared to yours?  I'm sure you'll find that they proxy all media.

You can either save bandwidth or take control of the situation for compatibility reasons, or train your support to to a bit of both.   Its really simple: you give everyone sip1.abc.com.  If they have problems, you set them up with sip2.abc.com which is set to not reinvite.