[VoiceOps] Voicemail-to-text API Service

Todd Wolf twolf at voipnettechnologies.com
Wed Dec 15 16:15:50 EST 2010

Try http://www.ditechnetworks.com/

 	Todd Wolf
President / COO
Office	 207.591.6900
Direct:	 207.591.6902
Fax:	 207.591.6919
twolf at voipnettechnologies.com
www.voipnettechnologies.com

-----Original Message-----
From: voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org
[mailto:voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Peter Beckman
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:09 PM
To: VoiceOps
Subject: [VoiceOps] Voicemail-to-text API Service

I'm interested in Voice-to-text services that offer an API.  I've looked
at
a few.

     * Quicktate  -- accurate, humans, expensive: $0.015 per word
retail!
     * MyCaption  -- I have no real data on them yet
     * Twilio     -- Does not offer the service as an API, just within
their
                     own services; could be hacked to do so
     * VoiceCloud -- Have an API, pricing and quality unknown (haven't
                     returned call/email).
     * Tropo      -- Does not offer the service as an API, just within
their
                     own services; could be hacked to do so

Is anyone using any of these or other services with great success and at
affordable rates?  Both Twilio and Tropo offer $0.005/minute to
$0.01/minute for transcription, but I don't know about the quality yet.
The cost may be enough for me to write an app that my system calls their
service and plays the message for transcription.  It's a hack, but if
the
quality is good, may be worth the effort.

So what do you know?

Beckman
---
Peter Beckman                                                  Internet
Guy
beckman at angryox.com
http://www.angryox.com/