[VoiceOps] Full global country/city list similar to NANPA list

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Feb 1 15:48:06 EST 2010

On 02/01/2010 03:44 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> On 2/1/10 1:39 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> On 02/01/2010 03:38 PM, Colin wrote:
>>
>>> Just make your own list from all your carriers a-z rate sheets.
>>
>> That will not be formally and jurisdictionally complete.
>
> Exactly. And that's what our programmer, working on our LCR system, is
> unhappy about. She wants solid logic and reasoning, and I think it's not
> to be found in the phone system. She's also looking at the issues of
> originating ANI and how it affects things, such as intra/interstate costs.

This question has been extensively contemplated in these parts as well.

As far as I can tell, you're rather out of luck unless you want to shell
out benjamins.

On the other hand, if you don't want your retail rates to be any more
granular than the most granular rates that appear in the entire
aggregated rate decks of all your carriers, taking the others'
suggestions may not be wholly unreasonable.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC

Tel    : +1 678-954-0670