[VoiceOps] Full global country/city list similar to NANPA list

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Feb 1 15:49:41 EST 2010

On 02/01/2010 03:46 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> On 2/1/10 1:39 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>
>> That will only be as granular as someone's rate deck.
>
> Each rate deck is different. Commpartners may treat NPA NXX as one rate
> and Level 3 may go NPA NXX X for a rate. So being logical, my programmer
> is unhappy with such non-uniformity. I have lots of hammer-like
> solutions and she's trying to find a scalpel.

Building a retail deck (if that's what you're doing) is a complicated
process.  It may involve deciding to standardise upon NPA-NXX and
composing/blending/averaging/statistically weighting any longer prefixes
that exist under it in your LCR table.  Or you can bill by LATA/OCN
altogether.

There are no easy solutions.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal