[VoiceOps] MARTINI: why it matters to Voice over IP service providers -- and why we want YOU to attend the Virtual Interim on February 9, 2010

Bernard Aboba bernard_aboba at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:35:21 EST 2010

The IETF MARTINI WG has been chartered to standardize an
important aspect of SIP trunking:  multiple AOR registration.

This is not one of those “we’ll deliver a standard when
we’re good and ready” working groups.

This WG is aiming to deliver a single standard solution that
can displace the myriad of adhoc “implicit registration” approaches that exist
today.

The goal is to change SIP trunking forever, or die trying.

Not 5 years from now, not 2 years from now, but NOW.

MARTINI will hold its third virtual Interim (yup, three 2.5+
hour interims in a period of 4 weeks) on February 9, 2010.

If you are a Voice over IP service provider, and you care
about the future of SIP trunking, then you need to attend MARTINI Virtual Interim
III, or lose your whining rights, forever.

The strawman agenda and the conference parameter details are
available here:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/martini/current/msg00466.html

Presentations and minutes from the previous virtual interims
are available here:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/MARTINI/

The IETF MARTINI WG:  not another half-baked standards
working group that nobody cares about.

Bernard Aboba

Co-Chair, IETF MARTINI WG

http://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/martini-charter.html