[VoiceOps] Broadworks Patch Religion

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Wed Feb 3 15:54:15 EST 2010

My recommendation is to at least apply the critical patches.  Work your way through the non-critical patches.

BTW, today Broadsoft released a new critical patch based on a bug that was discovered over the weekend on our platform.  We are running R14.SP9.  The issue is related to the Execution Server Process not starting if Alternate Trunk ID is assigned to any users.  The trickle down effect is it will also corrupt Trunk Group Identity assigned to all your Trunk Groups. If those users have Unscreened Calling assigned and try to place a call and send a From number that is something other than a native number in the Trunk Group the call will fail.  The 'fix' is to remove the Trunk Group Identifier, apply, re-add the TGI, and apply again.

AP.as.14.sp9.123.ap106079
AP.as.15.sp2.177.ap106079
AP.as.16.0.618.ap106079
AP.as.16.sp1.175.ap106079