[VoiceOps] Trouble getting access in a building.

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Feb 10 18:48:18 EST 2010

On 2/10/10 11:12 AM, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> Alex Balashov wrote:
>
>> It is a virtual certainty that impersonating an ILEC technician for
>> purposes of infiltrating a transmission facility of some description has
>> some sort of "terrorism" gravitas associated with it in the post-9/11
>> juridical landscape here.
>
> Uh, yep. Just ask this guy.
>
> http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/01/acorn_gotcha_man_arrested_for.html

Well, that's very different from using pretext to enter a site where you
are supposed to have access anyway, and doing only what you've been
authorized to do.  I still wouldn't want to explain it while sitting in
Club Fed, but it's a very different legal question.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve

Advanced phone services simplified