[VoiceOps] PRI with SIP trunk backup for incoming DIDs

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Jun 15 18:13:56 EDT 2010

I had a conversation about this with XO some years back and they said
they were going to offer it.  I don't know if they do now.

However...why??  Why wouldn't you just buy this as SIP to begin with?
If it's a matter of backup, just invest the money you'd waste on a PRI
into a backup IP connection.

Robert Johnson wrote:
> I am looking for a carrier that will sell me an ISDN PRI to which I can
> assign blocks of DIDs. However, I need to route these DIDs into my
> equipment using alternate means should the PRI fail (local copper
> facilities in my area are unreliable). Ideally calls destined for these
> DIDs with a downed PRI would be routed over a SIP trunk. Simple "forward
> to another number if the PRI goes down" will not cut it.
>
> Possible?

Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve
602-889-3003