[VoiceOps] Switch Vendor follow up

Nicholas Sten nicksten at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 13:18:59 EDT 2010

I previously replied off-list.

We are very pleased with our deployed equipment, where density, performance,
and flexibility exceeded all else in our price range.  We service both the
wholesale and retail markets with both TDM and Voice, and quite successfully
move a massive amount wholesale of traffic with very high and bursty CPS
loads while maintaining call high call success rates and quality.

Voice Switches: Fully VoIP-enabled Lucent 5010 Compact Switch
Session Border Controllers: Acme Packet
Feature Server: Broadsoft

The Lucents are probably the best bang for the buck, you really have to
squeeze as much out of the Broadsoft to make the margins work on some SME
customers, and we find that a great many of our wholesale peers like to chew
up our expensive Acme ports to scrub their crap traffic for them, but the
three have made a fantastic and highly interoperable trifecta.

Good luck in your testing and final selections.

-Nick