[VoiceOps] SMS-capable DIDs? (resend)

Graham Freeman graham.freeman at cernio.com
Wed Oct 13 17:53:00 EDT 2010

(oops.  I mistakenly sent that last message before I was ready.)

Hi, folks,

I see that Voxbone have started to enable their DIDs to relay inbound SMSes.

Are any other providers doing likewise?

Are they doing so over encrypted sessions, or is it all still plaintext?  (More and more entities, including Google, are using SMS as a supposedly-out-of-band way of relaying secure tidbits such as password reset info.)

Have you IT folks provided that functionality to end-users in a business setting?  Any best practices / gotchas?

thanks,

Graham