[VoiceOps] Replacement for Google 411

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Oct 14 12:49:41 EDT 2010

Well I just tried 800-bing-411 and it works just like Google did.  I
guess I just answered my own question.  Now hopefully they won't shut it
down any time soon like Google.  "We're number 2, we try harder..."

I need to research our call records and see if anyone dials this.  I
can't imagine why anyone would.  We only serve businesses and they all
have computers.  Then again, why does anyone still use fax?

Eric Fort wrote:
> 800-free411 ???
>
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Carlos Alvarez <carlos at televolve.com
> <mailto:carlos at televolve.com>> wrote:
>
>     This may sound strange, but we've always routed customer 411 calls
>     to Google's 411 service.  They like it, and it's free.  But it's
>     being turned off.  Anyone have ideas on an alternate?  Were are you
>     sending your customers' 411 calls?
>
>     --
>     Carlos Alvarez
>     TelEvolve