[VoiceOps] Question about Packet Jitter

anorexicpoodle anorexicpoodle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:36:39 EDT 2010

Any time you are pulling jitter statistics from a central element like
an SBC using RTP stats you will only really have one side of the
picture, which is how it saw the packets arrive and how it passed them
on. If the far end can produce RTCP then the SBC can use RTCP to produce
stats for what the far end is reporting as well, but yes you are
correct, you would need the far ends opinion on the jitter score.