[VoiceOps] Fraud

Colin zavoid at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 22:01:52 EDT 2010

Has anyone ever run into this international fraud before or have any idea who runs it?

The various numbers(blocks of numbers) in various countries being called all answered by an IVR with the following message.
"Thank you for calling dial to win application, where you can win fabulous prizes every week. The long you hold the line the bigger is your chance to win. For every minute you hold the line you will collect one lucky hit. The more lucky hits the bigger chance to win. Now we will generate a unique pin code for you, your unique pin code is

Xxxxxxxxxx

Please note down you have collected one lucky hit for this one minute so please hold on and you will get a lucky hit for every minutes. This is a international lottery running successfully in 50 countries of the world. Please hold the line to get next lucky hit and continues……………………”

Any leads are appreciated. We've blocked all the offending numbers of course.

Sent from my iPhone.