[VoiceOps] VoIP Abuse Project

Christian Pena cpena at ststelecom.com
Mon Sep 20 16:31:11 EDT 2010

We ARE on the same side.

Us - legitimate admins/service providers
Them - thieves and others trying to harm networks

I can certainly agree on a project like what is being proposed. A 'spamhaus' for the VoIP world. We constantly face rouge PBXs hammering our network - and some sparingly exploiting some vulnerability the attacker was so nice to help us identify(while stealing service in the process).

I agree with the idea that if the 'sip blacklist' blocks you, let the service provider answer those questions - just like service providers answer on email blacklists right now.

Voice service providers keep blocking attackers, and they keep moving to the next victim. As a community, we should help stop this where ever possible. It would be great for a reliable and responsible group of admins to be able so share knowledge of those numbskulls and seal them out of our networks.

Christian Pena