[VoiceOps] Rate Center to LATA map

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Sep 28 13:05:53 EDT 2010

On 09/28/2010 12:54 PM, Peter Beckman wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Eric Hiller wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where to get a list of rate centers and what lata they
>> are in?
>>
>> I am trying to redo translations and it is quite difficult without this
>> information!
>
> You could iterate over every npanxx combo and query this interface:
>
> http://localcallingguide.com/xmlquery.php (xmlprefix)
>
> That gives you Ratecenter, Lata and some other info via XML. Easy to
> write something that does this overnight.

This is silly.

As I've said many times on this list:

- Step 1 - Get the NANPA block assignment sheet (all regions):

http://www.nanpa.com/nanp1/allutlzd.zip

Look, I've linked it for you!

- Step 2 - Get the National Pooling block sheet (all regions -
available, assigned and retained in one):

http://www.nationalpooling.com/reports/region/AllBlocksReport.zip

- Step 3 - Enjoy.

I don't know what you people are doing or why you are doing it, but
90% of the information you consistently keep asking for is publicly
available for free, in a trivial data representation format, at that.
  The little bit of information you want that is not publicly
available is in the LERG.

You don't have to go to LocalCallingGuide.com to get it.  You don't
have to go to Telcodata to get it.  If you want to, you can;  they do
digest it for you, and in the latter case, they amalgamate and
superimpose a lot of other useful information onto it that is not as
straightforwardly available, like NPA-NXX -> ZIP maps, for example.

But crawling LCG?  Seriously?  Just stop it.  Please, you're making my
soul hurt.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC