[VoiceOps] Rate Center to LATA map

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Sep 28 13:11:11 EDT 2010

On 09/28/2010 01:05 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> You don't have to go to LocalCallingGuide.com to get it. You don't
> have to go to Telcodata to get it. If you want to, you can; they do
> digest it for you, and in the latter case, they amalgamate and
> superimpose a lot of other useful information onto it that is not as
> straightforwardly available, like NPA-NXX -> ZIP maps, for example.

And, of course, the "local calling" part of LocalCallingGuide.com is
extremely useful;  your alternative is to search ILEC tariffs
exhaustively yourself (have fun with that), or purchase expensive
commercial databases from the likes of CCMI or Telcordia that digest
this information.  I don't know where the LCG guy gets _that_
information, but it is extremely useful.

Everything related to rate center identification, NPA-NXX to locale
resolution, NPA-NXX to LATA mapping, rate center to LATA mapping,
NPA-NXX to LEC resolution, NPA-NXX-Y to LEC resolution, etc. is just
peanuts, though: the information is free and available.  I just linked
to it.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC