[VoiceOps] "TelePacific Network Outage: Cyber-Terrorism?"

Dan York dyork at voxeo.com
Fri Apr 1 13:48:20 EDT 2011

Frank,

I've not seen more info... I posted about this issue on Wednesday but haven't seen any other comments appear since (often, I do, after a post):

http://voipsa.org/blog/2011/03/30/is-telepacifics-smartvoice-outage-a-result-of-sip-attacks/

I agree that it would be helpful to ITSPs and the industry in general if they would explain a bit more of how they were attacked.  They have said they would be doing so... let's hope that they do.

Regards,
Dan

On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:00 AM, Frank Bulk wrote:

> http://www.channelpartnersonline.com/news/2011/03/telepacific-network-outage
> -cyber-terrorism.aspx?nck=1
>
> Anyone have more information on this?  Didn't seem important enough to make
> this list, if that's any measure.
>
> Frank

Dan York, Director of Conversations
Voxeo Corporation   http://www.voxeo.com  dyork at voxeo.com
Phone: +1-407-455-5859    Skype: danyork

Join the Voxeo conversation:
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/voxeo  http://twitter.com/danyork
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/voxeo