[VoiceOps] efax port out

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 26 13:39:56 EDT 2011

On 04/26/2011 01:35 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> Hahaha, 24 hour LNP, where fantasy fails to meet reality.
>
> But anyway another problem of the losing carrier not realizing they lost
> the number is that they keep routing it internally. That means anyone on
> that carrier can no longer call the number. This is getting bad, to
> where we run into it at least once a month.

The proper solution would be for them to do LRN dips on every outgoing
call regardless of whether the number is presumably on-net, but it's
understandable that they may not want to do that for cost reasons.  And
without the OSS+NPAC integration Paul referenced, it's pretty hard to
stay on top of the on-net routing table fastidiously enough to not let
port-outs--let alone stealth port-outs--slip through the cracks.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC