[VoiceOps] SMS enabled DIDs

Rob Mercer rmercer at netnumber.com
Thu Apr 28 19:42:08 EDT 2011

Eric,

One of the free services that NetNumber provides is "Type one" override data to the messaging industry.  This provides us the ability to SMS enable landlines in the same manner as routing messages based on which MVNO has struck a messaging deal with the different aggregators.

Today we distribute MVNO records to many of the aggregators and wireless operators in North America. Just to be clear,  we don't provide any SMS GW access, but we provide the Messaging folks the knowledge that a number can receive a TXT versus having the aggregator drop it in the bit bucket.

We do this by establishing 1 or more pseudo-SPID(s) and then let you publish numbers under them.  You can work with any aggregator to accomplish the same, but they just send them to NetNumber to publish anyway.

Hope this helps de-mystifies the process a bit to the list.

Contact me if you would like a white paper that details this a bit more.

Thanks,

Rob Mercer - +1 636 544 4800
Sr. Director