[VoiceOps] T.38 termination provider?

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 01:19:30 EST 2011

I had similar experience, with G711 in the core I was able to get 98%
success, but as the length of the faxes grew, the reliability fell off
noticeably. Of course taking that out to CPE we had to go to T.38 since
there is too much dirty Internet out there to rely on in-band fax. In
the end we just standardized onto T.38 since the amount of times we
could keep the fax in the core was minimal.

That being said, we are looking at adding the new acme NIU's to catch
the 1% of situations where the final gateway and CPE cant agree on a
flavor.