[VoiceOps] Broadsoft SIP Trunks and ILD Fraud

PE peeip989 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:07:13 EST 2011

Zak, this occurs because their PBX (to which the trunks are connected) gets
hacked?

The first step is to block International unless the customer requires it.
You can set maximum call duration, but that is only an inconvenience to the
hackers to make them dial again. You can try to get the customers to use
account codes for International. You can set time schedules (this might be
tricky and may need to do in the NS). And you need a fraud detection system
to alert you when it happens so that you can minimize the damage. Last but
not least, you can try and make the customer pay for the usage (that never
works).