[VoiceOps] Dumping and sorting out SIP sessions

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:14:08 EST 2011

Hello,
I found a very interesting utility, pcapsipdump
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcapsipdump/ allowing to dump and save on
the disk as many .pcap file as many SIP sessions are created in the day.
This tool is invaluable to sort out problems with client complaints. Even if
the problem has happened few hours ago, you can read all the SIP packets
flow and even listen to the audio stream (never tried, but I think wireshark
can read such pcap and play you the audio part).

The problem is this tool is not working on some of my servers
(especially 64bit one). So, is there an alternative? If you do it, what do
you use for dumping the SIP sessions?

Thank you

Leandro