[VoiceOps] RTP issues to Dash Atlanta SBC

Chris Ledford chris.ledford at cnxntech.com
Thu Jan 13 00:14:09 EST 2011

Initially we got reports from our outlying offices using SIP that the calls were dropping. Initial traces showed that the calls never dropped.

Then we have several offices around the country and all joined on a conf bridge also using IM sessions. At random intervals the call stayed up but we could not hear each other. We use a Audiocodes mediant and started to see RTP offers changing in the middle of our side of the calls. The IP was our IP to the Dash Atlanta SBC.

We called dash and they said that the Denver SBC was having issues and they were rerouting a lot of calls to the Atlanta SBC.

We got a email from Dash shortly after that saying the Firewall in front of the SBC was having problems and I guess they bounced it...

Anyway the RTP issues cleaned up..Gotta love SIP

V/r

Chris Ledford
CCNA VOICE/CCSP
Comptia A+/Net+/Linux+/Sec+