[VoiceOps] h.323 breech and toll fraud case

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Wed Jan 26 19:47:43 EST 2011

Matthew S. Crocker wrote:
>> 1. What is the scam here? The recipient of those calls doesn't gain
>> anything, and placing a few calls to three specific satellite phones
>> seems to have little purpose. Many of the calls were concurrent. It
>> all happened in the span of just a few hours.
>>
>> 2. Anyone experienced the same thing with those numbers or similar
>> numbers

We got hit with some inmarsat earlier this year, I can't figure out what
the deal was, but I did hear the typical allison asterisk conference
bridge prompt when I called the ones we got hit with. I can't figure out
how a satphone can handle so many simultaneous calls, and ones to an
asterisk box, at that.

Is there a revenue share in there somewhere? I don't get it.

-Paul