[VoiceOps] Predictive dialer traffic and ACME packet SBC

Aled Treharne voiceops at treharne.me.uk
Sat Jan 29 15:37:43 EST 2011

On 29 January 2011 16:42, Ujjval Karihaloo <ujjval at simplesignal.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had customers use predictive dialers that can misfire (user error or whatever the cayse may be)and spew out ~50 calls per sec ...
>
> How does Acmepacket handle such a burst if you have rate limit on the session agent / peer? Anyone with experience this would appreciate if could share.

I presume you're thinking here of the 3800/4500 series from Acme, not the 2600.

In which case, on a session agent max-burst-rate and max-sustain-rate
will both limit the sessions and deny any session over the limits but
will not demote the host into the untrusted queue. You can also
configure the wndows using burst-rate-window and sustain-rate-window.
Note that you have to have constraints enabled on the session-agent
for these values to take effect. Note that if the traffic triggers the
realm DoS settings, it will demote the host whereas the SA settings
won't. If you want to force the demotion, you can use an ACL to do so
(e.g. maximum-signal-threshold in session-router access-control).

Was that what you were looking for?

Thanks,
Aled.

--
Aled Treharne
Head of Solution Engineering, SIPhon Networks
e: a.treharne at siphonnetworks.com
w: www.siphonnetworks.com
t: +44 1633 533103
m: +44 7826 958394