[VoiceOps] Audio cut-through and toll fraud

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Jul 27 16:32:59 EDT 2011

On 7/27/11 1:16 PM, Tim Jackson wrote:
> I forget the GR that specifies this, but unless a human answers, they
> don't have to actually send an ISUP ANS back..It's quite common.. The
> biggest one I can remember is US Airways..

OK, that alone is a huge abuse target "Call this number for a recorded
traffic report (and advertisement)".

Even assuming that allowing reverse non-human audio is allowed and
common, what about the forward media?  Is it specifically required that
the caller be allowed to pass audio to the destination before ISUP ANS?
 Is is specifically prohibited?

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net