[VoiceOps] Wholesale termination time-of-day routing

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jul 29 11:41:24 EDT 2011

Our principal product offering is a proxy-based "Class 4" trunking /
wholesale routing/accounting/billing platform.  We are internally
debating implementing time-of-day routing, and are curious to know if
there is a use case for time-of-day routing on this level.

This is a popular feature on on PBXs, for obvious reasons.  However,
what we want to know is whether it is thought useful in an
intra-industrial termination trunking context.

It seems to have little utility for those doing domestic LD in NANPA
land.  However, there are international providers that have
peak/off-peak rates in certain jurisdictions.  Our experience with it
has been mainly in the UK, but perhaps there are others.

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

-- Alex

--