[VoiceOps] Polycom ghost ringing

PE peeip989 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:11:43 EDT 2011

Working with Polycom, we have been able to replicate this issue with some
regularity (not 100% of the time, but approx 75%). It is related to
transferring of calls. So far, here's what we know:

To Replicate:

   1. User A receives and answers a call
   2. User A does a warm transfer to User B
   3. While User B is still ringing, User A hangs up (the call is
   transferred to B)
   4. User A's hears ringing mixed into their next call.

Then the problem does NOT occur if:

   - User B answers (actual warm transfer) before User A hangs up
   - User A presses the transfer key (a second time) instead of hanging up
   - User A uses the Blind transfer key

Additionally, if/when the problem does occur, if User A places the call on
hold then picks it up, the ringing stops (the reINVITE appears to clear it).