[VoiceOps] SIP calls that aren't torn down

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Jun 7 15:25:47 EDT 2011

Over the last few months our softswitch has accumulated 10 "stuck" calls
where there's no media traffic.  From what the softswitch vendor can tell or
guess, it just didn't receive a BYE to tear down the call.

We know that most SIP traffic on 5060 is UDP, and UDP is connectionless.
How are other vendors and systems managing such scenarios?  I suggested a
"no media" test where after x hours of no media, to tear down the call and
log the info.

Thoughts?

Frank