[VoiceOps] SIP calls that aren't torn down

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Tue Jun 7 16:42:30 EDT 2011

BroadSoft normally uses "Session Audits" (defaults to 5 minutes) which is
really a SIP RE-INVITE to make sure the other end is still there.  If no
response is received, the call is torn down.  "Hung" calls can still happen
due to software bugs, and the vendor should provide a low-level tool to
manually kill the calls.

The reason BroadSoft doesn't do RTP detection is because it (really the AS
and/or NS) are almost never involved in the media stream unless the call is
to a MS for say IVR, MOH, etc or a conferencing server.

	-Scott