[VoiceOps] ACME behaviour with Bad NAT Firewalls

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Jun 9 12:42:58 EDT 2011

anorexicpoodle wrote:
> Depending on your business model simply telling the customer how their
> firewall should be configured may work, but its not something that i
> suspect will take you too far since you are leaving the ability to break
> your service in the hands of your customer, which ultimately means they
> will break it, then be cross at you for something they did. Not an
> enviable situation at all.

We had our marketing and documentation company work up a one-page
explanation on this, and it's been very effective at explaining why this
is their problem and not ours.  It not only saves the typing, but seems
to have some weight by looking "official" rather than some tech support
guy saying "it's not my problem."

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve