[VoiceOps] Massive outage?

Darren Schreiber d at d-man.org
Fri May 6 12:52:28 EDT 2011

Yeah... Thanks.

I was unable to ping he.net, which didn't surprise me, but then couldn't
figure out why the rest of my cluster couldn't make calls, either. I took
the easy out and blamed terrorism originally, but then realized that the
more reasonable reality was that I foolishly dialing test numbers that
were hosted in the same data center by other partners. ;-)

So much for the easy out. I guess this is what happens when you diagnose
stuff at 3am.

Still, I thought HE had a fiber ring, but I guess not between Fremont I &
II

- Darren