[VoiceOps] Fraud fun

Mark R Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Wed May 18 13:34:51 EDT 2011

Cool use if iptables. There's definitely short-term tactical value in taking advantage of the signature "friend-scanner" --

But we also know that the SIPvicious user population is getting more sophisticated.

-- At our clients, they've slowed their scanning rate so they're not longer causing overload attacks.

-- It's just a matter of time before they remove the string "friendly-scanner" from their SIP messages.

mark at ecg.co  |  +1-229-316-0013  |  http://ecg.co/lindsey