[VoiceOps] Fraud fun

Matthew S. Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Wed May 18 17:28:56 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

BGP communities & null route black holes sure are fun for that sort of thing.  Make sure you whitelist core services.  Things can go sideways when your attacker realizes they can send bogus SIP form your upstream SIP peer IPs and have you auto-block your providers.   Auto blocking root DNS servers is a joy too!

There are a couple scripts that eat up snort logs to generate quagga BGP announcements,  shouldn't bee to hard to mess with the SIP rules in snort have it running on a span port.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
President