[VoiceOps] Broadsoft DR

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Fri Nov 18 11:16:55 EST 2011

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, David Hiers wrote:

> For you Broadsoft customers out there...
>
> Are you using their HA model where you split the clusters (AS, NS,
> etc), and put one member in a remote site? How's that working for you?

We run two appserver pairs split over NYC and SJC for geo redundancy. We
also run NS/MS in NYC and SJC as well as DAL and SIN. Users are added to
one of the two pairs based on utilization.

This works very well for us today, back in the old days (I have been
running BroadWorks since release 2) replication over 3000 miles caused
problems, but its fine today. I highly recommend anyone deploying
BroadSoft to do it in a geographically redundant model.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com