[VoiceOps] Unportable Numbers

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Wed Oct 19 17:35:37 EDT 2011

There is at least one rural iLEC in NE Georgia that is a PITA to work with.
If nothing else, I've seen them require direct tandem trunking (to their
tandem) or else they will not deliver calls to ported out TNs across the
regular iLEC (ATT) tandem.

I've always been interested in the legality of this since my understanding
of the FCC order is that it requires all LECs to allow for porting without
any loss of functionality to the end user.

One option is of course to file a complaint with the FCC per the following
link:

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

                -Scott