[VoiceOps] PCI Compliance and VoIP

Hiers, David David_Hiers at adp.com
Wed Oct 19 19:26:39 EDT 2011

This PCI requirement covers the entire Internet, regardless of protocol:

##
11.1 If the payment application sends, or
facilitates sending, cardholder data over public
networks, the payment application must support
use of strong cryptography and security protocols
(for example, SSL/TLS, Internet protocol security
(IPSEC), SSH, etc.) to safeguard sensitive
cardholder data during transmission over open,
public networks.

Examples of open, public networks that are in
scope of the PCI DSS are:
* The Internet
<snip>
##

Odd that they kill the extra pixels to say "must support use of" instead of "must use", huh?

David Hiers

CCIE (R/S, V), CISSP
ADP Dealer Services
2525 SW 1st Ave.
Suite 300W
Portland, OR 97201
o: 503-205-4467
f: 503-402-3277

###Please note my email address is changing:
###from David_Hiers at adp.com
###  to David.Hiers at adp.com