[VoiceOps] PCI Compliance and VoIP

Hiers, David David_Hiers at adp.com
Thu Oct 20 09:15:06 EDT 2011

Um, that's kinda the point, actually.

One of the outcomes of the technical security of the network is to force attacks to occur at the endpoints.  There is a much smaller, much more controllable set of people to deal with at the endpoints.  You can even establish further controls at the endpoints to make attacks harder to perform, require collusion between multiple parties, limit the scope of a successful attack, and increase the ability to detect attack attempts.

There will always be a soft spot in the system, you want to move it to where you have lots of "cameras".

David Hiers

CCIE (R/S, V), CISSP
ADP Dealer Services
2525 SW 1st Ave.
Suite 300W
Portland, OR 97201
o: 503-205-4467
f: 503-402-3277

###Please note my email address is changing:
###from David_Hiers at adp.com
###  to David.Hiers at adp.com