[VoiceOps] PCI Compliance and VoIP

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Fri Oct 21 02:24:25 EDT 2011

On Oct 21, 2011, at 2:18 AM, Matt Yaklin wrote:

> Comparing an analog phone line or smaller TDM circuits to >= 1 gig
> backbone data connections does not seem very fair.
>
> Heck, my T-Berd can pick out and listen to a DS0 on a DS3 let alone
> a T1. But try doing that with an OC48. I am not even sure if they
> make gear to be able to do that easily let alone having a monitor
> point to jack into in most cases.

Lol, if you have a 15454, look under one of your cross connects and click the "Monitors" tab. Click on one of the circuits, and select the button at the bottom labeled "Create Monitor Circuit". Point it at a channel on a DS3 mux with your t-berd hanging off of it, instant port mirror!

I love the PSTN too, but let's call overengineering what it is. :)