[VoiceOps] Weird Adtran TA-900 problem

Chris Wallace lists at iamchriswallace.com
Wed Sep 28 09:37:03 EDT 2011

I have seen this on our IAD's where we are doing NAT.  Adtran's feedback was perform the following…

Create an access-list to match SIP signaling.
ip access-list extended voip-sig
  permit udp any  any eq 5060
  permit tcp any  any eq 5060

Create an entry in your policy class that is assigned to your external interface and make sure it is at the top of the list.
ip policy-class Public
  allow list voip-sig self

Change the RTP port the IAD's uses
ip rtp udp 50000

Change the IAD to not preserve the NAT ports
no ip firewall nat-preserve-source-port

---Chris