[VoiceOps] response code mapping to upstream peers

David Hiers hiersd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:13:55 EDT 2012

Interesting!

502s are a bit of a pain for us. Every so often, one of the peers of
our peer will use a 502 as a reason to retry the call as fast as they
can, forever.  The current hypothesis is that the remote peer has a
couple of connections to our adjacent peer, and cycles between a small
number of routes, all which come back to us, so all generate another
round of 502s, so we get flooded with INVITEs.

Thinking about a 6xx as an "abandon all hope" response...

David