[VoiceOps] Broadworks media server not playing well with early media

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Tue Apr 24 17:00:38 EDT 2012

What is on the network side?

I don't believe BroadSoft allows for multiple 18X responses, and in my
opinion no system should.  Once you have sent an offer, the only way to
modify it should be a RE-INVITE.  I believe the RFC's do technically allow
for this though, and in that case the newer 18X message will
override/replace the previous.

Another issue may be that 183 messages usually are accompanied with SDP,
where 180 message are used when no early media (and therefore no SDP) is to
be used.  So a second 183 with no SDP is all kinds of wrong to me.

Hope that helps,

-Scott