[VoiceOps] LERG

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Aug 5 22:31:31 EDT 2012

Many categories of information available in the LERG are not on LCG or any publicly available data source.

However, the most common, banal query - number block switch homing -is easily serviced there, yes. A lot of users of the LERG are looking for quite a bit more than that, though, particularly tandem homing.

The other problem that reduces the LCG is that you can't reasonably set up a bulk process against them. Yes, they've got an XML API, but just try using it to populate a nationwide code group. I doubt they would allow that even for pay, and it would take forever.

-- Alex

--
Sent from my Samsung mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a proper keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106