[VoiceOps] Grandstream VoIP phones

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Fri Aug 17 02:04:02 EDT 2012

On Thu Aug 16, 2012 at 05:07:05PM -0700, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> Who else on the list is using them, particularly in a hosted environment?

According to our database, we have about 30,000 of the handsets configured
in our voice platform. Everything from the BT-200's to the GXP-1200's, and
most recently we've been deploying the GXP-140x's

Overall, I like them. Yes, they're cheap. We do get a reasonable amount of
failures, but they're cheap enough that we can manage this.

We have had our fair share of software problems with them over the years,
but Grandstream support is responsive, and we've had bugs we've found fixed
within a few weeks.

We do our own auto-provisioning for them, fully integrated into our admin
systems, so that our support desk can deal with handset swaps, etc.

Yes, I'd recommend them - but I recognise that they're not for everyone.

Simon