[VoiceOps] Grandstream VoIP phones

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 17 13:05:43 EDT 2012

It's been a while, but my issue with Grandstream has always been:

1) SIP interoperability & stack problems.

2) Low-end speaker phone hardware, thus bad echo cancellation and duplex
handling.

I mainly judge phone hardware by the quality of its speakerphone, since
I'm a very heavy user, so it may be a personal bias.  However, by that
metric, the Cisco 79xx's and Polycoms win, and Grandstreams, Snoms and
Aastras lose.