[VoiceOps] Real-time single stream RTP monitoring

Ross Kusler rkusler at intermedia.net
Mon Dec 17 14:41:06 EST 2012

Hey all,

                I am wondering if anyone knows about a simple UAC-like tool
that can establish a single concurrent long-running call to another SIP
endpoint and monitor the incoming RTP.  If, in real-time, it detects a
significant drop in RTP (or other audio degradation), it could run a command
line tool.  I'm not looking for software that captures lots of calls or does
advanced analytics.. I'm really just hoping for something that alerts us to
an issue in real-time while a call is still active.  Does anyone know of
anything like this?  Or will I have to roll it myself?

I appreciate any suggestions that you can offer! =)

Ross Kusler

VoIP Systems Engineer

Intermedia