[VoiceOps] ATA CPE and RFC2833

Peter Childs PChilds at internode.com.au
Thu Feb 16 01:40:39 EST 2012

Gday folks.

I'm working through one of those lovely DTMF issues and have notice that a particular CPE that is experiencing a DTMF fault on our network sends both rfc2833 rtp packets _and_ the tone in audio stream (not named rtp packets, but how the device has 'heard' the tones from the originating handset).

Just wondering if this sounds 'normal', or is common, or is broken.   It appears to be causing the media-gateway on our end to sends some pretty awful junk to line (ds0) that is not recognised by most 'PSTN' connected equipment.

Thoughts or comments?

Ta.

--
 Peter Childs - Voice Engineer