[VoiceOps] Enterprise customer desiring NAT for their SIP

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Feb 26 17:15:55 EST 2012

We have an enterprise customer that wants to trial our SIP trunking service.
They're using Cisco Call Manager v8.5 and I tried to get them to use a
public IP or a private VLAN to our network, but he insists that they want to
keep their CCM behind their NATing firewall.

Our softswitch has an integrated SBC, so our side is covered, but I'm afraid
that they may run into some issues that are related to NAT but that we'll be
held responsible.

Should I continue to push back on this customer, or let them go down this
road?

Regards,

Frank